As I mentioned last week, I was honored to be asked by B Metro to cover The Biggest Loser pre-audition tips session with season 14 winner, Gina McDonald, at St. Vincent’s East here in the Birmingham area. I took that opportunity to ask her about healthy meals she likes and got to interview St. Vincent’s read more
Rachel, Molly & I are collaborating to show you what we’re loving each month….aka our Monthly Mojo! We ran a little late this month…oops! We usually do the first Friday of each month but we got a little busy…so here we go 1 week late. Learn a little bit more about these pretty girls below read more
Those of you who have stuck around here for a while know that I have a major affinity for juicing. It’s a great way to get in your veggies on the go, it helps keep you fuller for longer, and juices taste delicious once you get used to them. If you don’t believe me, listen read more
I’m so excited to announce that I am a B-Metro blogger! Just in case you haven’t heard of B Metro, it is a local Birmingham magazine that is the magazine of metro Birmingham living (as you might have guessed from the title ). I will be covering some local events and reporting live at local read more
As I mentioned last week, I was honored to be asked by B Metro to cover The Biggest Loser pre-audition tips session with season 14 winner, Gina McDonald, at St. Vincent’s East here in the Birmingham area. I took that opportunity to ask her about healthy meals she likes and got to interview St. Vincent’s President and COO Michael Korpiel, as well as bariatric surgeon, Dr. Miles.
I was excited to learn about Gina’s healthy quick go-to meals, Dr. Miles tips on healthy eating for weight loss (hint: he loves Clean Eating like I do), & Michael’s take on getting healthier in Birmingham and how St. Vincent’s East is trying to aid in doing just that.
Rachel, Molly & I are collaborating to show you what we’re loving each month….aka our Monthly Mojo! We ran a little late this month…oops! We usually do the first Friday of each month but we got a little busy…so here we go 1 week late. Learn a little bit more about these pretty girls below and then see some of my favorite things of the month and theirs by visiting their blogs!
Molly is a lifestyle blogger at Stilettos and Diapers. She’s a mommy of 2 and has her own store online you should check out called Molly Suzanne.
Rachel is also a lifestyle blogger at Running Backwards in High Heels and has two little “ginger flippers,” is a runner, and also lives in the great state of AL with me.
The reasons I love these girls are probably becoming more obvious…we have a lot in common. We’re all southerners into fashion, blogging, shoes, clean eating and fitness. What’s not to love, right?! So, with all the introductions aside, here’s my top 5 favorites of the moment for this month:
1. Embracing my hair! Well, not totally but trying to work with it instead of against it… I struggle with my thin, curly as you can get hair and always have. I’ve done keratin treatments, thermal straightening treatments (which I still have now it’s just grown out a little), and battled the curl for forever, but NOW I’m going to try to find a curly I can embrace. I love the look of wavy, looser curls so I met again with my hair stylist today (Liz at Sax Salon in Homewood; she rocks!) and instead of getting a keratin or re-upping my thermal treatment we decided to try to start working with the curl to keep volume and discussed ways to try to get the curls relaxed whether it be overnight with a pin trick or via big barrel curling iron. I got it cut today and got educated on how to try to go about curling. IF YOU HAVE ANY TIPS or Youtube videos you swear by, PLEASE send them my way!
Check out the Polar watch by clicking the image below. (Affiliate link)
2. My Polar Watch: I love tracking how many calories I burn when I’m working out! Whether it be tennis like today (852 calories in less than two hours of tennis lessons with Baseline Birmingham, holla!), teaching a Pure Barre class, or taking a class, it’s fascinating to see how much you are burning and keep track of it to make sure you’re taking in enough calories to compensate for the workout of the day.
3. I am LOVING watching God move right now. I have watched Him open opportunities for me to speak His words of life and truth to others. I have watched Him answer prayers lately, open doors, and fulfill the desires of my heart. This quote seemed appropriate…
4. Trader Joe’s Wine: I mean, if you don’t know about Trader Joe’s Wine, YOU ARE WELCOME! For the price…$2.99, it really can’t be beat! We served this wine at our wedding and have been drinking it ever since. I’m DYING for a Trader Joe’s to come to Birmingham. We stock up on a case of wine anytime we go to Atlanta, Tampa, or Indianapolis to visit friends and family.
5. Social Media: I’m up to my ears in social media projects and LOVING it! If you need help with your brand or blog’s social media…whether it be with strategy, content calendars, building a larger audience or something else, please contact me! And, of course, make sure to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, & Facebook.
NOW, tell me what your Monthly Mojo is for April and make sure to visit Molly & Rachel to see what they’re digging.
Those of you who have stuck around here for a while know that I have a major affinity for juicing. It’s a great way to get in your veggies on the go, it helps keep you fuller for longer, and juices taste delicious once you get used to them. If you don’t believe me, listen to the founder of Daily Greens who used juicing as a means to help her recover from a battle with breast cancer.
I’m so excited to announce that I am a B-Metro blogger! Just in case you haven’t heard of B Metro, it is a local Birmingham magazine that is the magazine of metro Birmingham living (as you might have guessed from the title ). I will be covering some local events and reporting live at local events in Birmingham that I feel certain you all will want to know about.
I have been on an endless hunt for the best self tanners for face and body since high school. For years, I’ve been hopping around from self tanner to self tanner just buying whatever I could find on sale or whatever I saw in a magazine was the newest and best one to try. But now, I have found my holy grail! These two are the best self tanners I have found hands down. I’m not kidding you when I say that people literally comment on how tan I look when I put these on…wait for it…after 1-2 applications!
*This is a sponsored post and includes an affiliate link through Amazon. I’m so very grateful for my sponsors!
I can hardly contain my excitement that these two items came in the mail last week! Ever since I had a raw spaghetti dish at The Pantry (a local farm to table restaurant in Birmingham), I have been wanting to try my own recipes for veggie noodles. However, it seemed too complicated and overwhelming. But THEN I found out about Briefton’s tools and recipes that allow you to make these healthier dishes without all the hassle and mess. And in my case, probably bloody fingers. I’m a little bit of a klutz so anything that helps me simplify, I’m all about it! Read the rest of this entry →
Spring break has come and gone….and summer starts June 21! That means lots of beach time, denim cutoffs, and bathing suits are coming right up. I don’t know about you but I’m excited! Summer is such a fun and carefree time of year that has me staring out the window half the day wishing I could be soaking up the sun on the quad at Samford University again. If you’re feeling less than enthused about running around in short shorts, dresses, and bathing suits, it’s time to ship shape ladies.
Holy yum. Food Bar was a true delight for me because it is centered around farm to table cooking! I had the pleasure of checking out FoodBar with the hubs 2 weeks ago for a fun date night and we were definitely impressed. One of my first impressions from the website that gave me a ding, ding, ding, “You’re going to like this!” feeling was the motto, Not pretentious. Just delicious.
I’ve been a little MIA this week on the blog because I’m in Tampa visiting this beautiful friend and sister-in-law. Don’t worry though because I’ll be back next week in full force with a new restaurant review from Birmingham, more outfit posts, and awesome healthy recipes.
I hope whether you’re spring breaking or at home working hard that you are enjoying an awesome week! Our weather has been less than ideal in Tampa so far, but it has been an amazing opportunity to unplug, chill out, and catch up on rest. I read an article recently that stress was more likely to cause cancer and heart disease than cigarettes! That’s just one more thing to stress about…SO let’s take a moment to focus on how to unwind. Read the rest of this entry →
This is my first official fashion post since SPRING has sprung! I’m SO excited for warm weather, sun, and the sand soon being in between my toes! It’s definitely still at the point where I’m wearing blazers, cardis and my booties to stay warm in the morning when it’s still chilly outside but I’m just SO ready for warm weather. These bright colors make me feel like the warm weather is already here and I’m loving anything Cobalt Blue & Aztec print right now!