Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake
This Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake recipe is the one dish I’m most famous for. It is a fabulous filling and hearty meal for cold winter nights! The thick melted cheese, spongy noodles and savory spinach marry together to make a beautiful dish. Not only does it look pretty in a casserole dish for serving, but it makes your whole house smell warm and inviting.
If you are here from Pinterest, please follow my boards here; would love to share with you on my favorite addiction!! I’m proud to say this Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake recipe has been pinned almost a million times! Yep, that’s how good and popular it is!
I must tell you, this is one of my favorite dishes to make when we’re having company over. It’s tried & true and from the kitchen of my friend, Jessica. I love this dish for company because you can cook & chop the chicken as well as cutting up several other ingredients in advance plus it has beautiful presentation. Added bonus: I frequently get asked for the recipe. Hope you all enjoy this Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake dish, too!
- 8 oz uncooked rigatoni
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 (10 oz) pack frozen spinach, thawed
- 3 c cubed, cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (14 oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 oz) container Philadelphia chive & onion cream cheese
- ½ t salt, ½ t pepper
- 1½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare rigatoni according to package directions.
- Spread oil on bottom of 11×7 in baking dish; add onion in a single layer.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or just until tender.
- Transfer onion to large bowl, set aside.
- Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Stir in rigatoni, spinach, chicken, & next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl.
- Spoon mixture into dish & sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover & bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.
Follow me on Facebook for up to the minute new recipes, fashion posts, and more!
If you are interested in more easy, crowd-pleasing recipes & to take the stress out of dinner, check out eMeals.