Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake
This Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake recipe is the one dish I’m most famous for. It is a fabulous filling and hearty meal for cold winter nights! The thick melted cheese, spongy noodles and savory spinach marry together to make a beautiful dish. Not only does it look pretty in a casserole dish for serving, but it makes your whole house smell warm and inviting. If you are here from Pinterest, please follow my boards here; would love to share with you on my favorite addiction!!
I’m proud to say this Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake recipe has been pinned well over a MILLION times. Talk about popular! I must tell you, this is one of my favorite dishes to make when we are having company over. It’s tried & true and from the kitchen of my friend, Jessica’s mom. She found it in a Southern Living magazine back in 2007.
I love this dish for company because you can cook & chop the chicken as well as cutting up several other ingredients in advance plus it has beautiful presentation. Added bonus: I frequently get asked for the recipe. Hope you all enjoy this Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake dish, too!
- 8 oz uncooked rigatoni
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 (10 oz) pack frozen spinach, thawed
- 3 c cubed, cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (14 oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 oz) container chive & onion cream cheese
- ½ t salt, ½ t pepper
- 1½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare rigatoni according to package directions.
- Spread oil on bottom of 11×7 in baking dish; add onion in a single layer.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or just until tender.
- Transfer onion to large bowl, set aside.
- Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Stir in rigatoni, spinach, chicken, & next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl.
- Spoon mixture<
into dish & sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Shop for the Pyrex Easy Grab 3-qt or these cute Owl Pot Holders to help you make this recipe. In fact, if you are making this Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake recipe for friends or family members, the owl pot holders set could be a really cute mini gift to add to the dish you bake them one night!
Follow me via email for up to the minute new recipes, healthy living tips, and giveaways by filling out the form in the top right corner of this page or by signing up here!